May 30, 2007 - My First Blog

Here I am posting my very first blog. I'm not sure how or what to do, but here goes:

Alfa & Omega in Patzún is hanging in there. They have met with the bank and have until the middle of July to pay the taxes for the property; and for the papers to be finalized. We are trusting the Lord to supply the monies needed. The monthly payments will be almost impossible for the Patzuneros, but the Lord is faithful.

While work teams are here, I (Cindy) ask some of the Patzún ladies in the church to dress the North American women in the native Patzún 'dress' which is made up of a quipil (blouse - pronounced 'we-peel') and corte (skirt - which has 6-7 yds. of fabric; pronounced 'core-tay'). While the Canadian group was here, the women dressed me -- and then I went to market with them dressed like a Patzunera (except for my tennis shoes, which by the way, did NOT go with the outfit!) I was the talk of the town for weeks, I'm sure. Everyone smiled and pointed at me. I just smiled back, waved and bought my fruits and vegetables!

I'm the tall one!

1 comment:

beyoung said...

You did a great job, Cindy! I have you bookmarked. What a great idea!