This past weekend - May 9-11

Friday I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I made brownies and my mother's cabbage roll recipe. (My little kitchen gets HOT!) In the late afternoon we drove to PatzĂșn to attend the Friday night service at Alfa & Omega. They had a special service for Mother's Day - one day ahead. (Mother's Day is always on May 10th here, no matter what day of the week it is.) We drove back home after the celebration was over, because we needed to be home for Saturday's events.

Saturday morning: began with fellow missionary Dave Ekstrom arriving a few minutes after 7:00 a.m. We had a meeting of the youth team here at our house from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. I served various refreshments.

Lunch: We had invited Paul and Ruth Philippi to eat with us. It was fun having them here. (I served the cabbage rolls along with other things.) Dave joined us.

Saturday afternoon: We had another meeting! This time with the AMDET team (Auxiliary Ministries Development Team). We met (here in our home) from 2:00 to 5:00. I served refreshments again.

Dave E. and Mike Stephenson ate a late supper with us (left-overs). Dave spent the night with us then Ken took him to the bus station on Sunday morning at 6:15.

Sunday morning: Church - another Mother's Day service. Mike S. ate lunch with us. Ken and I were both able to call our mothers! (We can't always get through, especially on special days.) Two of our kids were able to call me.

Sunday evening: We went to a small birthday celebration for Mike S. at the Steve Sywulka home and had a good time visiting with fellow missionaries.

We had a busy week-end, but enjoyed it!

No comments: