June 21, 2008 Long time, no write!

Sorry that I haven't written in a while.

The last weekend in May, we went to beautiful Panajachel for a joint retreat with our two strategic teams - youth and AMDET (Auxiliary Ministries Development Team). We had a great time meeting and fellowshipping with fellow CAM missionaries here in Guatemala. I was put in charge of assigning different people to prepare the meals. Thanks to everyone, we had some good eating.
A few of the missionaries at the retreat

Tuesday, June 3, Ken and I went to our field council meeting. Then early on Wed., I flew to Baton Rouge, to help my sister Becky with preparations for her daughter's wedding. We had a busy two weeks, but it was great fun being with family and helping. My niece Lauren married Tyler Downing. She was a beautiful bride and they, a cute couple. I helped with the making of the cakes along with a lot of other things.


Here are the Johnson women who were able to attend the wedding (taken at the rehearsal dinner).


As you can see, Jayme was able to be there too. Drew and Rachel drove her to Birmingham so that she could ride to Baton Rouge with my sister Susie. This past Wednesday, she flew to Guatemala with me. She will be here until she goes to Ireland the end of August to study there for a semester. We are excited to have her here.

During the time I was in Baton Rouge, Ken kept the home fires burning. We have more interns this summer. Two girls stayed for a week and one for two weeks in PatzĂșn. They installed the remaining windows in the newest classrooms at Alfa & Omega.

We have two more interns here for the rest of the summer.

June 12, Ken flew to the Pittsburgh area to attend a mission conference in Erin and Scott's church. The conference was great and he enjoyed it. He flew home last night (20th).

No comments: